Deerubbin Local Aboriginal Land Council
** New Website under construction **
The Land Council is incorporated under Sections 5 & 6 of the NSW Aboriginal Land Rights Act, 1983 No.42 as amended. The functions of the DLALC are those provided for in Section 12 of the Act and in the rules of DLALC. These include:
- To acquire land and to use it in accordance with the Act and Regulations;
- To seek funds from the New South Wales Aboriginal Land Council (NSWALC) for administrative purposes;
- To give effect to the wishes of members as expressed at meetings of the DLALC;
- To make claims for Crown Land;
- To provide housing for Aborigines in the Council’s area;
- To protect and foster the interests of members and all Aboriginal people within the Council’s area; and
- To commence support and carry out proposals designed to protect and preserve the sites and culture of traditional peoples of the Councils area.
The Council’s name was officially changed to Deerubbin on 2nd May 1997 (as published in the NSW Government Gazette).
Contact Deerubbin LALC
Phone: 02 4724 5600
Office: Lvl 1, Suite 3, 295 High St Penrith NSW 2750
Postal: P.O Box 40, Penrith BC NSW 2751
© 2014 Deerubbin LALC. All rights reserved.
Website maintained by NGNY